When I started this healthy eating thing I really missed sweet stuff like chocolate, cakes, donuts etc. So I thought why not replace it with healthy versions. Ofcourse they wouldn’t be as good I thought, but OMG these are even better! The brownies have the same texture, flavour and if I’m honest I prefer the healthy ones because they make me feel good about myself and so they are guilt-free 🙂
You know that sick feeling after you eat to many brownies, I don’t even feel slightly nauseous after having a few. That doesn’t mean that they aren’t filling because one is definitely enough for me. So if you are in the go and need to grab a sweet snack these are perfect!
- 140 grams almond butter or peanut butter
- 200 grams pitted dates (20-21 dates)
- 50 grams coconut oil
- 190 grams almond milk
- 40 grams cacao powder
- 150 grams spelt flour
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- one bar of dark chocolate
Pom seeds, chopped nuts, chocolate…
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Add all the ingredients to a food proccesor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter in a brownie pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180ºC (375F) for 30-35 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate and pour it on the brownies
- enjoy 🙂
If you’re using dates which aren’t too soft, soak them in water for 20 minutes before using.
Please send me a pic if you make them and comment what you thought of them.